Monday, January 21, 2013

My Love


Takin a Pic with my gurl.
It’s 1733, I’m currently 39 years old and I have met a really nice woman, Emilie. She is 28, and is living the life of an upper class Parisian woman of society. The moment we met, we both felt an instant attraction to each other. We certainly knew of each other before our first meeting due to fact we have mutual friends and acquaintances. Emilie has read Voltaire's work, attended my plays and is fond of the theater. "Everything about her is noble, her countenance, her tastes, the style of her letters, her discourses, and her politeness. … Her conversation is agreeable and interesting." We have a lot to say to each other always. "I have finally found a young woman who thinks as I do." Together we’ve studied the natural sciences and I’ve decided to try and spend many years in the country, “cultivating her mind." Well guys lets just leave it at that for now because she’s taken the words out of my mouth and has me in love.

1 comment: